2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Decade of top searches
2001, Yahoo! has dipped into billions of searches to uncover our audience's
curiosities, interests, and what matters most to them. Unlike editorial
retrospectives or surveys, the rankings come from online users’ own search
behavior. Looking back, these lists truly sketch a society in motion: It's a
unique way to gauge social trends and interests in the year’s top stop stories,
compelling newsmakers, and viral fads.
Take a look back at a dozen years of Top 10s to see how the Web has grown — and
preoccupied readers in 2012.
- Fri, Dec 14, 2012 3:00 PM EST
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson Call It Quits (Report)
Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson have apparently called it quits again.
- Denise Richards on Caring for Charlie Sheen, Brooke Mueller's Kids: "I Want to Be There for Them"
Plus, the Twisted actress says "there are a lot of feelings and emotions" between her and ex-husband Charlie Sheen
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The latest high-stakes court hearing for O.J. Simpson in the glitzy capital of big gambles has come to a close with the former football star's defense team feeling confident that their client is closer to getting out of prison.
- Kim Kardashian Confirms Kanye's Yeezus Album Title, Release Date
As Kanye West took the stage on the "Saturday Night Live" Season 38 finale to debut new music this weekend, girlfriend Kim Kardashian took to Twitter to promote her man's upcoming album, as well as confirm its release date and title.
- Zach Galifianakis Quits Drinking After Two Men Spit in His Face
The Hangover III star tells Conan O'Brien about the drunken altercation that scared him sober
- Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson Break Up - For Now
A source close to Pattinson tells Us Weekly that the Twilight costars are currently on a break -- but a reconciliation is in the cards
- Why Star Trek Should Return to TV
Star Trek had been off television for four years before J.J
- Demi Lovato Recalls Joe Jonas Breakup: "I Was Really Mad at Him"
"We may not be as a close as we used to be, but that's OK," Demi Lovato says of her friendship with Joe Jonas following their 2010 split