Our top moments of the week:
12. Worst Side-Stepping: Who says that Teri Hatcher is estranged from her Desperate Housewives co-stars? Certainly not Eva Longoria, who, during an appearance on Late Show with David Letterman, semi-convincingly reports, "We all get along." Dave isn't buying it, of course, and presses on. "Didn't one get fired?" he asks. (We think he means Nicollette Sheridan.) "Yes, I forgot about that one," Longoria responds. "She didn't get fired. ... She died on the show!" So that's what that pesky multi-million dollar lawsuit was all about!
11. T-Shirts Speak Louder Than Words Award: Seeing as it's The Voice finale, Christina Aguilera has to get in one last jab at her season-long victim, Tony Lucca. Christina criticizes Tony's song choice, Jay-Z's "99 Problems," for being "a little derogatory towards women." Tony's coach, Adam Levine, steps in to defend him, saying that the song refers to everything, not just women, and that it's a metaphor. Adam then calms the storm by telling Christina that he loves her and proves it by revealing that he's wearing a T-shirt that bears the words "Team X-Tina" in sparkly pink. You know what would be really Team X-Tina, Adam? No pants! Just sayin'!
10. Most Arresting Move: Just as Violet decides to fight for her relationship with Pete on Private Practice, he gets arrested! Pete, ever the hero, pulled the plug on a patient against his father's wishes but in accordance with those of the patient's partner. While it might be the morally right thing, in the eyes of the law, he just killed a man. And being sent to jail when Private Practice's future is up in the air is not a good thing!
9. Most Violent Show of Affection: Desperate Housewives fans are already well aware that Lynette is still in love with her estranged husband Tom, but the question is: Does he feel the same way? He gives a definitive answer when his boss — recently dumped by Lynette — won't stop trashing her at work. Tom finally gets him to shut up by clocking him square in the jaw and subsequently gets himself fired. At least now he's the one doing the punching instead of getting punched. Progress!
8. Worst Fake-Out: Ryan Seacrest brings his girlfriend Julianne Hough back to American idol — did he not learn to keep her away from Phillip Phillips yet? — but this time it's the audience he (tries to) surprise instead of his galpal. "There's a question I've been meaning to ask you and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable," Seacrest says as he reaches into his jacket pocket. "Will you give this note I wrote to Tom Cruise?" he asks Hough, who co-stars with Cruise in Rock of Ages. "Such a big fan; I loved him in Cocktail." We're not sure what's worse: pretending to propose to your girlfriend on live TV or admitting out loud that you like Cocktail.
7. Worst Hack Job: As Game of Thrones deaths go, Ser Rodrik's beheading is the least glorious and respectful. Not only does that traitor Theon — a young man Rodrik helped raise — handle the execution, but he isn't quite up to the task physically, requiring several sword chops and a foot on Rodrick's head to finally, ineptly part it from his neck. Sorry, Theon, but we're sure your truly iron-born sister Yarra would have accomplished it in one clean blow.
6. Most Winning Comeback: On The Amazing Race finale, Rachel and Dave paddleboard their way to an ostensibly easy win. And it is too easy: They had accidentally skipped a task and become the first team ever to arrive first at the finish line and have to turn around. It's a dubious honor that could've been even more ignominious had another team passed them for first place. Instead, they buckle down, complete the task and paddleboard back to officially win the $1 million — and make even more Race history: They now hold the record for most leg wins in a season with eight.
5. Nerdiest Wedding: When Bernadette decides she wants to tie the knot with Howard on The Big Bang Theory before he leaves on his space mission, the gang rallies to put together a rooftop wedding to coincide with a Google satellite's position over their apartment building. It goes off without a hitch, as all five pals, ordained on the Internet, preside over the ceremony and Google captures the heartfelt nuptials — pun intended: They are encircled by heart-shaped fabric on the roof. But then the heartbreak comes: Everyone watches on TV proudly and worryingly as Howard blasts off to go where no Big Bang-er has gone before. Safe travels, Wolowitz!
4. Best New Mystery: On the Season 3 finale of The Vampire Diaries, Elena knocks on death's door again, this time during a car accident reminiscent of the crash that killed her parents. As she urges Stefan to save Matt first, Elena falls unconscious underwater. But because Elena had previously been given vampire blood to recover from her head injury, she wakes up in the episode's final seconds, gasping for air. Could Elena really transition into a vampire in Season 4?
3. Best Breathtaking Moment: It's time for prom on Glee and Quinn will do anything to win prom queen, including use her recent disability to get votes — despite the hidden fact that she can walk again. When Quinn realizes that her title would be based on a lie, she and Santana conspire to change the vote in Rachel's favor to help get her out of her post-NYADA rejection funk. As Rachel and her prom king, Finn, dance, Quinn performs "Take My Breath Away" and, literally, takes everyone's breath away when she pulls herself up out of her wheelchair using the mic stand. You just had to steal Rachel's thunder a little with that move, didn't you, Fabray?
2. Hottest Yoga: There's playing footsy and then there's what Nina Dobrev did to Conan O'Brien. During her appearance on Conan, The Vampire Diaries star obliges the funnyman's request to show off her yoga skills. She uses him as a human wall while she bends down and flips her legs to his chest to do a scorpion pose. But it's her dismount that will forever be seared into Coco's and our memory, as her feet travel a wee bit south of the border. "Best job in the world!" he declares after taking a raucous victory lap around his desk.
1. It's About Time Award: It always takes a near-death experience to remind you what's important in life, right? After Beckett nearly plunges to her death on Castle, she sits in the rain and thinks about blowing up at Castle earlier for secretly investigating her mother's murder, before heading to his apartment. "What do you want?" he asks. "You," Beckett says, right before going in for a kiss that Caskett fans have waited four long years to see. They engage in a hot-and-heavy make-out sesh — complete with Castle caressing the bullet scar on Beckett's chest — before moving into the bedroom. And yes, they do get it on.
What were your top moments this week?
Our top moments of the week:
Recommended for You
Bradley Cooper is one of the world's most eligible bachelors (and a former Sexiest Man Alive, to boot), but it looks like he may be off the market sooner than we'd like (which is to say, ever). Cooper and British model Suki Waterhouse, his girlfriend of nine months, stepped out for their first…Love + Sex
Though Ashton Kutcher once vowed to keep his relationship with Mila Kunis as quiet as possible, he can't hide his love any longer.omg!
It's never too late to say "I do." Just ask 97-year-old Sid Ratcliffe and 90-year-old Iris Law, who tied the knot Wednesday in a small ceremony surrounded by friends and family in Wolverhampton, Britain -- officially making them the UK's oldest newlywed couple. Ratcliffe and Law's love story began…Huffington Post
Jewels belonging to the Duke of Windsor and his American wife Wallis Simpson -- the couple whose relationship scandalised 1930s Britain -- sold for a million dollars at a London auction on Thursday. The top-selling lot at the Sotheby's sale was a sapphire bracelet by Cartier, designed as a series…AFP
Oprah Winfrey seems to have it all, but the one thing she never wanted? Kids! While the 60-year-old media mogul did have a baby when she was 14 (the child died weeks after birth), she revealed in the Hollywood Reporter's … Continue reading →omg!
Yesterday, supermodel Gisele Bundchen posted...Business Insider
The Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced nominations for the 71st Golden Globe Awards on Thursday. ** "Thank you very much to the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for acknowledging our efforts in making '12 Years a Slave.' I am delighted for my cast and crew who worked so hard on this…Reuters
X Factor's Restless Road on their competition, the judges and Ed Sheeran before the X Factor Finale!Clevver News
"Homeland" star Damian Lewis has apologized after making a comment about not wanting to be a "fruity" actor -- a remark some thought was directed at Sir Ian McKellen. It all began back in October when Lewis was discussing his past work in theater with the Guardian. After a while, he said, the…Huffington Post
By Patricia Reaney NEW YORK (Reuters) - When actress Rebecca Hall first read "Machinal," the 1920s play in which she will make her Broadway debut early next year, her reaction was so strong she felt her throat tightening. Hall's response, and the fact that it was being directed by Briton Lyndsey…Reuters
From George Clooney to Hayden Panettiere to a galaxy of homegrown stars, the protests in Ukraine have become a magnet for celebrities wanting to show their empathy with a popular uprising. The opposition to President Viktor Yanukovych can already boast a celebrity of its own in the shape of the…AFP
In 2009, a shy, 47-year-old Scottish woman touched the world with her breathtaking rendition of Les Misérables' "I Dreamed A Dream" on Britain's Got Talent. After the performance, Susan Boyle catapulted into a singing sensation, selling more than 14 million records worldwide. But despite her…Huffington Post
Miley Cyrus believes her provocative MTV Video Music Awards performance will not warrant an invite back -- "I don't know," she said in an interview on Dec. 11Us Weekly
Racial slurs, too much Botox, fraud...thanks for the memories, 2013!TheStreet.com
Seems like everybody is weighing in on that Gisele Bündchen breastfeeding photo — including Emmy Rossum.omg!
Clare Kramer, who is best known for her roles on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Bring It On, gave birth to her fourth child on Dec. 11 -- see the adorable picUs Weekly
Sandra Bullock and Jodie Foster recently reminded us exactly why they consistently remain the center of attention: they have fabulous, sensible style. Watch these two Oscar winners battle it out in this week's fashion faceoff. What they wore: A fitted … Continue reading →omg!
Mary-Kate Olsen, 27, wants to have a baby with 44-year-old boyfriend Olivier Sarkozy, a source exclusively tells Us WeeklyUs Weekly
For its always anticipated New Year's Eve show, ET's sister show ET Canada has nabbed Celine Dion for a special performance this year. Dion, who is stationed in Las Vegas for her three-year residency Celine, will make her debut on a Canadian New Year's Eve show this year as she rings in the New…ET Online
What do a former NBA dancer who looks like a super model but is really a shy single mom, a sexy hair stylist who hides the huge pain over the loss of her father, a dedicated first grade teacher who is convinced that her fate is to be with the Bachelor, a flower child who is inclined to wear a smile…