Jason Segel turns 32 today. It seems like just yesterday he was playing Nick on "Freaks and Geeks." The 6'4" actor has been in some huge movies since then including "Knocked Up," "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and "Bad Teacher." We all hope to see more great work from Jason in the future.
If you're a big fan of Jason, test your knowledge of him by playing a true or false trivia game.
True or False?
1. Jason played a geek on "Freaks and Geeks."
2. Jason is an only child.
3. He is an ordained minister.
4. Jason has a small role in "Can't Hardly Wait."
5. He played basketball in high school.
6. Jason had a nude scene in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall."
1. False. He was actually considered one of the freaks. Jason hung around other slackers in the show who ditched class, smoke marijuana and listened to rock n' roll music.
2. False. He has a brother named Adam and a sister named Alison.
3. True. Jason became an ordained minister so he could marry a couple on "The Tonight Show." The couple were huge fans of the actor, so they asked him if he could marry them. He told them that he would be out of town the day they planned to get married, so he asked them if they wanted to wed on national television.
4. True. "Can't Hardly Wait" was actually the first film he was in. Jason played a teenager who brought a spiked watermelon to a wild party.
5. True. Jason really took basketball seriously in high school. He played basketball with future Stanford and NBA players, Jarron and Jason Colins on a team that won a state championship in 1996.
6. True. Jason is completely naked in the scene where his girlfriend breaks up with him. When asked about doing a nude scene, he said, ""When a woman does nudity in a movie, men immediately switch into a sexual mode. For women, from what I understand, it's not like that. They see a naked, out-of-shape man crying and it's funny -- something weird, disturbing and disgusting we can all laugh at."
Note: This was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Join the Yahoo! Contributor Network here to start publishing your own articles.
- Arts & Entertainment
- Jason Segel
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall
- Freaks and Geeks