This three-time Academy Award nominee began his career at a young age and delivered compelling performances in numerous films including What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Titanic, The Departed, Revolutionary Road and Shutter Island. He's currently nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe for his portrayal of a brutal slave owner in Quentin Tarantino's action flick Django Unchained and is also receiving Oscar buzz for the role. Click through for five things you probably don't know about Leonardo DiCaprio.
1. Was named after the famous artist Leonardo DaVinci after his mother felt Leonardo kick for the first time while looking at a DaVinci painting in a museum.
2. Made his film debut in the campy horror flick Critters 3.
3. Was offered the role of porn star Dirk Diggler in the 1997 film Boogie Nights around the same time as he was offered his role in Titanic. The role of Dirk Diggler was ultimately played by Mark Wahlberg.
4. As a child, suffered from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and said he especially had the compulsion to avoid stepping on cracks.
5. Is an animal lover and his pets have included dogs, frogs and a bearded dragon lizard named Blizzard.
They Dated?! Surprising Celebrity Hookups
Star Sightings: Celebrity Candids
Are These Celebs Too Tan?! Cast Your Vote!
- Arts & Entertainment
- Quentin Tarantino
- Leonardo DaVinci
- Dirk Diggler
- Boogie Nights
- Dirk Diggler
- Leonardo DiCaprio