Bret Michaels isn't sad about "Celebrity Apprentice" -- he's mad as hell.
Rumors swirled this week that the rocker broke down in tears after being eliminated first in this season's "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice."
"Bret was crying and totally distraught," a source told Radar Online.
But Michaels is fighting those reports, telling the New York Post, "I don't remember having a bawling fit. I remember saying 'You guys f---ed me!"
Michaels claims that producers didn't want a previous winner (he's the only one in the cast) advancing too far, and told him it "wasn't good television." He insists that he was only angry that he couldn't win more money for his charity, the American Diabetes Association.
The morning after the boardroom elimination, Michaels says he had a "man to man" talk with Donald Trump. "I was confused [by the firing] and we had a great conversation," he explains. "I think the show is a great show and I think Donald Trump is great."
Maybe Michaels is trying to avoid burning any bridges, in case there's another future season of "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice"?
Watch Michaels's firing:
Whether or not Michaels had a meltdown, it wouldn't be the show's first. Check out some other memorable "Celebrity Apprentice" breakdowns:
- Last year, former Miss Universe Dayanara Torres broke down in tears after getting yelled and cursed at by comedian Lisa Lampanelli during a puppet show project
- In that same episode, Lampanelli herself cried in the boardroom when Donald Trump asked whom she would bring back for possible elimination with her. Feeling guilt over her treatment of Torres, she declared she didn't want to be a villain. Luckily, it turned out her team had won, and she was spared the decision.
- Also that season, Aubrey O'Day had a breakdown when Arsenio Hall unleashed a merciless, vicious rant at her for being selfish and taking too much credit. Afterward, she appeared to leave the show, but eventually came back.
- In Season 4, Meat Loaf was a quivering mess of tears during a challenge to put on a comedy show. First, he cried because he might not win money for his charity (yeah, um, that's the whole game). Then he cried in the boardroom when John Rich offered to match the money if they didn't win. And he kept on weeping as he gushed to Trump, "This show has made me a better person … I have to say to you personally, thank you very, very much, Mr. Trump."
- There weren't tears, but there were plenty of expletives during Melissa Rivers's firing -- from her and her mother, Joan Rivers. When she was eliminated, the younger Rivers blasted her teammates, Annie Duke and Brande Roderick, declaring, "They both f---ed me, like two little whore pit vipers! Whore pit vipers!" Both mother and daughter continued their tirade until packing up their things and leaving the show.
"All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" airs Sundays at 9 PM on NBC.
- Sports & Recreation
- Donald Trump
- Bret Michaels