Oscar winning actor Javier Bardem is celebrating his 43rd birthday on March 1. The star of "No Country for Old Men" is regarded as one of the top actors in Hollywood. After starting out in several Spanish films, Bardem has transitioned into a number of mainstream hits. Between a successful movie career and a beautiful wife in Penelope Cruz, the actor has a lot to celebrate this year. How much do you know about Bardem? Here is some trivia about his career so far.
1. Bardem's Oscar win wasn't his first nomination. A 2000 film helped him become the first person born in Spain to receive a Best Actor nomination. What movie earned him this prestigious honor?
2. The hit film "Collateral" features a stellar cast that includes Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx. There is also a small but pivotal role for an almost unrecognizable Bardem. What character does he play in the popular movie?
3. The 2007 film "No Country for Old Men" earned Bardem his biggest accolades to date. Among many other awards, he took home the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor. What was the name of his character in the Best Picture winner?
4. The actor started dating Cruz in 2007. The romance started while the two were working on a popular movie from director Woody Allen. What was the name of the movie?
5. In 2011, Bardem made Oscar history again. He was the first Best Actor nominee to have a speaking role that was entirely in Spanish. What was the name of that film?
1. Bardem received his first Oscar nod for the film "Before Night Falls."
2. You might not recognize him, but Bardem plays Felix in the movie. He is the guy that hires Cruise's hit man character.
3. Bardem and Cruz both starred Allen's "Vicky Cristina Barcelona." Cruz won an Oscar for her role in the movie.
4. The actor portrays Anton Chigurh, a relentless killer that tries to track down a satchel full of money.
5. Bardem's third Oscar nomination was for his lead role in the film "Biutiful."
Note: This was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Join the Yahoo! Contributor Network here to start publishing your own articles.