Jennifer Aniston is getting remarried! Her boyfriend of over a year, Justin Theroux, popped the question on August 10 – his 41st birthday. In announcing the news on Sunday night, the actor’s rep said, "Justin Theroux had an amazing birthday on Friday, receiving an extraordinary gift when his girlfriend, Jennifer Aniston, accepted his proposal of marriage.”As you know by now,
So other than the fact that he likes to give people gifts on his own birthday (pretty selfless, right?), just who is Justin Theroux? Here are five facts we dug up about Aniston’s future groom.
1. They reconnected on the set of “Wanderlust,” but started dating after the film wrapped. Filming the comedy in a remote section of northern Georgia in 2010, Aniston and Theroux, who had known each other previously, reconnected. After production concluded – and he ended a relationship with his live-in girlfriend, makeup artist Heidi Bivens – Aniston and Theroux started dating in May 2011. "Nothing happened on that movie,” the 43-year-old former “Friends” star clarified to “Good Morning America” about reports that their relationship started on the set. “That’s what is a rumor. It’s the easy rumor. But nothing happened. We were just friends, great friends, on the movie.” She added: "I’ve known Justin for a long time. … We met when he was shooting ‘Tropic Thunder.’”
2. He's more famous as a screenwriter. Theroux made his film debut in 1996’s “I Shot Andy Warhol” and he went on to appear in small roles in both comedies (“Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion” and “Zoolander”) and dramas (“American Psycho”). Twice he worked with David Lynch, appearing in “Inland Empire” and “Mulholland Drive.” However much of his success comes from his behind-the-scenes work as a screenwriter. He's penned the scripts for huge blockbusters, including “Rock of Ages,” “Iron Man 2,” and “Tropic Thunder.” And on Friday it was announced that he has been hired to rewrite and direct "Swear to God," which will star Will Ferrell and Steve Carell.
[Related: Justin Theroux to direct 'Swear to God']
3. He turned down an opportunity to appear on “Friends.” Could he have been Ross to Aniston’s Rachel? Maybe. Theroux turned down a chance to screen-test for the “Friends” pilot. In a 2004 interview with Entertainment Weekly, he said, ''Who wouldn't want to be a bazillionaire, but I don't really regret it.''
4. He trashed a hotel room – but he was paid to! Long before Charlie Sheen’s Plaza Hotel shenanigans made headlines, Theroux had a similar experience – but all in the name of art. In 2003, Aniston’s love appeared in the video for Muse’s song “Hysteria.” In a darker turn, Theroux played a man who wakes up in a trashed hotel room and has to put together the pieces from the night before. As the video progresses, viewers see that it involved an encounter with a prostitute that led to a raging fight in which he smashed everything in sight.
[Related: Jennifer Aniston's dowdy makeunder (video)]
5. He has mad breaking dancing skills. During an appearance on “The Ellen Show” earlier this year, Theroux told a funny story about how Aniston watched his 2001 movie “Zoolander,” in which he breakdances, and became “obsessed” with getting him to show her his moves. After telling the humorous story, Theroux then showed off some of his skills for the audience – and he was great. Perhaps he’ll do it again at their wedding reception.
More Celebrity Features on Yahoo!:
- Pink takes Willow out for sushi
- Snooki: 'I know I'm a pregnant whale'
- Taylor Swift brings Conor Kennedy to Nashville to meet her parents