This two-time Oscar winning actor showed his sense of humor this week by spoofing Clint Eastwood's infamous empty chair speech at the Republican National Convention and he stars in the new Abraham Lincoln biopic Lincoln. Here are five things you probably don't know about Daniel Day-Lewis.
1. While playing the role of Bill the Butcher in 2002's Gangs of New York, said he listened to rapper Eminem on the set to keep up his "level of aggression."
2. Was considered for the role of Jesus Christ in Mel Gibson's drama The Passion of the Christ (2004), but was found to be "too European" for the part, which eventually went to James Caviezel.
3. Is a skilled woodworker and also learned the trade of shoe making.
4. While filming 1992's The Last of the Mohicans, he built a canoe, learned to track and skin animals and mastered the use of a 12-pound flintlock gun.
5. Dedicated his Best Actor SAG Award for 2007's There Will Be Blood to Heath Ledger, one of his favorite actors.
Hot New Hookups! | The Latest Hollywood Trends | Summer’s Hottest New Movie
- Arts & Entertainment
- Clint Eastwood
- Republican National Convention