He makes female viewers swoon as the brooding Liam Court on The CW's 90210, but just who is Matt Lanter? Here, Us Weekly uncovers five fun facts about the Ohio native who got his start as a hunky male model on reality TV.
1. Lanter is more than just a pretty face -- though his good looks did earn him his first big break. In 2004, Lanter appeared on the Bravo reality series Manhunt: The Search for America's Most Gorgeous Model. Hosted by Carmen Electra, the series -- similar to America's Next Top Model -- was won by Jon Jonsson.
2. He's a self-professed tech nerd. A huge Star Wars aficionado, Lanter lends his voice to the television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, as well as its three video games.
3. When he's not busy planning his upcoming wedding to fiancee Angela Stacy, he's a total homebody. "[We usually] sit at home and chill and sit in the hot tub or watch The Walking Dead," the actor tells Us. "We're kind of homebodies and like to stay home and just enjoy each other, our place and our dog."
4. Lanter is a sports nut. Once a bat boy for the Atlanta Braves, Lanter played baseball, football and golf before majoring in sports business at the University of Georgia.
5. Should 90210 ever get made into a movie, Lanter knows just the actor he wants to portray Liam. "I would aim high, like Leonardo DiCaprio or something," Lanter laughed of the A-lister. "That guy does amazing work! Put it out there -- see if he calls back!"
90210 airs Mondays at 8 p.m. (EST) on The CW.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: 5 Things You Don't Know About 90210's Matt Lanter
- Arts & Entertainment