The oddest oversight at the Golden Globes is the snub of Melissa McCarthy. "Bridesmaids" got nominated for Best Comedy/Musical Picture and Kristen Wiig landed a bid for Best Actress, but McCarthy got skunked even though she has an excellent chance of being nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the Oscars.
Whazzup? Here's our Top 10 guesses:
1. Voters thought "Samantha Who?" was the peak of her career and she's never gonna top that.
2. Another excuse to use underused catchphrase, "Always the bridesmaid…"
3. The Golden Globes ceremony is set up like a fancy wedding banquet.
[ More from Gold Derby: Golden Globe TV snubs ]
4. "Bridesmaids" was good, but it was no "Burlesque."
5. "Mike & Molly" doesn't air on HBO.
6. Granddaughter of Joseph McCarthy?
7. 50% of the membership of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association is Icelandic and they DO NOT like volcano jokes.
8. Not everybody — let's face it — looks hot in pink.
9. After Melissa Leo's fiasco at the Oscars, they didn't want to risk a Melissa dropping an "F" bomb at the Globes.
[ More from Gold Derby: 10 Potential Golden Globe upsets ]
10. No joke. The REAL REASON Melissa McCarthy was snubbed was because she didn't bother to show up at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association press conference. Doesn't she remember how Eva Longoria got snubbed the first big year of "Desperate Housewives"? It's probably no coincidence that the only chief cast member not to be nominated was the only one who didn't show up at the HFPA press Q&A.