Katherine Webb (Twitter)As college football fans rallied around their TVs for the Notre Dame v. Alabama for the BCS National Championships on Monday night, an unexpected star emerged: Miss Alabama Katherine Webb.
The girlfriend to Alabama’s star quarterback, AJ McCarron, inspired ESPN cameramen and sportscasters alike to get a bit fixated on the “lovely lady.” As a result, the 23-year-old stunner began trending on Twitter early in the game and went from around 2,300 followers to more than 122,000 by early Tuesday morning.
“You quarterbacks, you get all the good looking women,” ESPN’s Brent Musburger, 73, said. “What a beautiful woman. Wow.”
Needless to say, much of the Twitterverse agreed with Musburger. LeBron James gave her a follow for a brief time and Arizona Cardinals DT Darnell Dockett even posted his phone number and invited her to a strip club. He later deleted the tweet explaining that he intended to send Webb a direct message.
Webb with AJ McCarron (Twitter)Of course, this isn’t the first time Webb has found success on Twitter. In fact, it’s where she met McCarron in the first place.
According to USA Today, a friend connected them on the social networking site back in November. When Webb attended the Miss Alabama USA 2013 pageant in December to end her reign, McCarron showed up to meet her in person. They’ve been together ever since.
"I know she's good looking. She's gonna have guys that jaw-drop over her," McCarron told the newspaper. "That's life. I guess I'm the blessed one at the end of the day. She's gotta put up with me."
Here are few more things you oughtta know about Webb:
- She Plays for the Other Team: When Webb and McCarron first announced their relationship, college sports fans were concerned. Webb is a graduate of Roll Tide rival Auburn University, where she earned a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management and Administration. She even had to give a statement insisting she wasn’t planning some sort of sabotage.
- She and Michael Jackson Have Something in Common: Like the deceased star, Webb was diagnosed with the skin discoloration disorder vitiligo when she was five years old. In an interview with RSVP Montgomery, she admits she was an oddball as a child, but developments in cosmetics and self-tanners helped her to hide the flaws when she hit her teens.
- She Likes Skeet Shooting: No, we haven’t found photos yet.
- She's a 'Chick': While she’s currently living in Los Angeles and working as a model, Webb’s profile on MissUniverse.com lists her as being employed at Chick-fil-A. So there’s that.
More Celebrity Features on Yahoo!:
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Twin Daughters Wear Matching Leather Jackets
- David Letterman: I’m Still Trying to Fix My Marriage After Cheating on My Wife
- Kim Kardashian's Pre-Bikini Body (Photos)