Busy Philipps (WireImage)Grab a glass of wine – let’s be real, grab a case of wine – and gather up your favorite group of inappropriate pals because “Cougar Town” is heading back to the small screen!
Before you soak up the fourth season premiere – which airs Tuesday on TBS at 10 p.m. ET – check out our 15 in 15 interview (fifteen questions in fifteen minutes) with the hilarious Busy Philipps, who plays Jules Cobb’s ditzy sidekick, Laurie Keller, on the booze-infused sitcom. What’s her favorite feature? What would she never be caught dead wearing? Find out now!
1. What is your weirdest grooming habit?
Well, I don’t really think it’s that weird. I’m just very particular about my face wash routine. I do it religiously, and I have since I was a teenager. I always wash my face before bed. I mean, I have literally never gone to bed with makeup on, ever.
2. Is there a beauty product you can’t live without?
I don’t even have to think about it: Epicurean Tea Tree Oil lip balm. I’ve been using it for many years, and I just can’t live without it. I love it. It’s my favorite thing in the world.
3. Do you have an insta beauty or fashion trick?
I never underestimate the power of hot rollers for your hair and eyelash curlers for your eyelashes.
4. How long does it typically take you to get ready in the morning?
Probably like 20 to 30 minutes. When it comes to the red carpet, I feel like my amazing team has gotten it down to 45 minutes, maybe an hour.
5. What’s your favorite feature on your body?
Everybody makes fun of me for it, but it’s my nose. I love my nose! I was so nervous when I got pregnant that I was going to get that weird nose spread that you sometimes see pregnant ladies get. [laughs]
6. Does any part of your body make you feel insecure?
After “Freaks and Geeks,” I dealt with several producers who wanted to cover up all my beauty marks, every single mole on my body. They tried to cover them on my first two episodes of “Dawson’s Creek,” and it just looked ridiculous, so I had to put my foot down. But it’s not something I’m insecure about. It’s something I get annoyed about, especially when other people are trying to erase one of my defining physical characteristics.
7. Do you love or loathe fashion?
I have always been a girl who loves fashion. So, for me, it’s fun. I can see how the whole thing annoys other women who just want to be actresses, but I’ve bought fashion magazines since I was in high school. I was always ripping out pages of Vogue, looking for inspiration.
8. How do you feel about best and worst-dressed lists?
If I see myself on a worst-dressed list – and I’ve been on many of them – I tend to have low self esteem for 24 hours. I just like to feel comfortable, and I like being excited about whatever it is I’m wearing. I hate subjecting myself to that kind of criticism!
9. Do you ever wear the same dress to more than one event?
Oh my God, of course. I’ve worn things millions of times before wearing them to my friends’ movie premieres! [laughs]
10. Where do you like to shop in Los Angeles?
Opening Ceremony, but I also love Barneys in Beverly Hills.
11. Does your daughter, Birdie, ever help you select your outfits?
She does every now and then. I’m very particular, and she does not approve of 90 percent of what I put on my body. If it were up to her, I’d be wearing pink princess dresses on every red carpet.
12. What is one item you splurge on?
I splurge on shoes. I’m obsessed with Brian Atwood.
13. What’s your favorite accessory?
I’m a jewelry girl. I became with friends with designer Irene Neuwirth a few years ago. At that point, I just used to wear my wedding rings. Very low key. Now, if I could, I’d be draped from head to toe in her jewelry all the time. Everything she makes is beautiful.
14. What article of clothing can you not live without?
Dresses. My closet is 90 percent dresses, muumuus included. [laughs]
15. Is there any item you’d hate to be caught dead in?
Hmmm, what’s ugly? Oh yeah! You know what I can’t wear because I’m somebody’s mother? I can’t wear that half shirt thing, with a little bit of your stomach exposed. That’s for adorable little starlets in their 20s. Once you give birth, you are no longer allowed to wear those shirts. You’re somebody’s mother. Cover yourself!
More Celebrity Features on Yahoo!:
- Justin Bieber's Fans Urged to Cut Themselves Over His Alleged Pot Use
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Rock-Hard Abs in New Bikini Photo (Video)
- Drew Barrymore: 'I've Never Had a Beach Body'