Scarlett and Romain (Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)
Though her first marriage was to fellow Hollywood star, Ryan Reynolds, Johansson, 28, is opting for a partner outside of the entertainment industry (unlike her ex-husband who remarried another famous face, Blake Lively, in 2012) for her second go round. The actress said "yes" to boyfriend Romain Dauriac's proposal about a month ago, but didn't debut her vintage Art Deco ring until her red carpet appearance for sci-fi thriller "Under the Skin" at the Venice International Film Festival Tuesday.
So who is Romain Dauriac? Here are five things you need to know about Johansson's relatively unknown main squeeze:
1. He's French. The 30-year old Dauriac was based in Paris, France, when he reportedly met Johansson in the City of Light. The lovebirds now spend a lot of their time in the actress's home base of New York City.
2. They met through mutual friends in 2012. In fact, Johansson's second tattoo, a horseshoe with the words "Lucky You" on her rib cage, was inked by Parisian tattoo artist Fuzi Uvtpk, who is a friend of Dauriac's and reportedly helped the two connect.
3. He is a journalist and used to be the editor of now-defunct French magazine Clark, covering France's underground urban art scene. Dauriac now serves as the manager for a yet-to-be-named creative agency.
Puffer love (Elder Ordonez/INFphoto.com)
5. He's not afraid to match his lady love. On multiple occasions, the actress and Dauriac have stepped out wearing coordinating outfits. They donned matching puffer jackets while out in NYC last winter, and just this week at her "Under the Skin" premiere the Frenchman sported a perfectly suited black tie ensemble to compliment his fiancé's onyx off-the-shoulder gown.
More Celebrity Features on Yahoo!:
- Inside Cameron Diaz's Posh NYC Apartment
- Christina Aguilera's Definition of Sexy
- Strange Kim Kardashian Pre-Birth Photo Shoot Revealed
- Arts & Entertainment