Kate Upton on the cover of GQ's July issue. (Terry Richardson/GQ)When you're a 20-year-old swimsuit model tapped to be on the cover of a men's magazine's "Red-Hot American Summer" issue, don't be surprised if you're asked to wear a string bikini that's two sizes too small while sucking on a red, white, and blue popsicle. Alas, the July cover of GQ features none other than the sex-oozing Kate Upton. You might recognize the blonde bombshell, best known for wearing a different bikini on the cover of a different male-focused mag and shaking her, er, assets, in yet another skimpy two-piece on YouTube, prompting the site to take down the video for violating its policy on nudity or sexual content and disappointing guys around the world who were a click too late.
"I grew up in Florida riding horses, so for the majority of my life I was either in boots and jeans or a bathing suit. I understand why my male followers like me," she explains to GQ of her more than 370,000 Twitter followers.
1. That modeling is "like any job. You find your strengths and play them up."
2. That she didn't enter into the decision of getting two permanent tattoos (one of a horse and the other of a cross) lightly. "You have to think hard with a tattoo. What will I love for the rest of my life?"
3. See photos.
The July issue of GQ hits newsstands Tuesday, June 26.
More Celebrity Features on Yahoo!:
- Kate Upton vs. Mila Kunis: Fashion Faceoff
- Is Kate Upton Too Sexy for YouTube?
- Does model Gisele Bundchen deserve to earn $45 million?